From the cost to raise them to their agreeable nature, disciplined habits, all-around respectful behavior, and athletic ability — from toilet training all the way through the teenage years — it’s not hard to find a slew of reasons why you might find a cat preferable to a kid. Why anybody in their right mind would think otherwise is hard to fathom. In fact, once done reading these 36 reasons, you might well be itchin’ to find the nearest merchandise return counter to exchange your snotty hapless kid for a felicitous furry feline.
- You can raise six cats for the cost of one-quarter of a kid.
- You don’t have to pay for cats to go to college.
- Cats won’t owe student loan debt the rest of their life and yours.
- Cats come in five or six different fur colors.
- Kids scream. Cats purr.
- Cats will still cuddle with you on the sofa after they’ve grown up.
- Kids will move back home to live on the sofa after they’ve grown up.
- Cats know how to pee in the box right away and don’t need to be potty-trained.
- When a cat meows back at you, you know they appreciate you. When a kid talks back, it ain’t the same.